Wednesday 25 January 2012

My first time...

I have a confession to make. I am a murderer. I have killed. Not only have I killed, but I ate part of the evidence and binned what I could not chew. But I tell you what, my first experience of eating what I killed was sensational, and has opened a lot of new doors! To clear up any confusion, yesterday Sophie and I cooked mussels for the very first time. Of course I have eaten them at home, but never had I cooked them from scratch. In fact we didn't realise they were alive until they started opening and closing their shells in the bowl. It was at this point we were faced with a serious moral dilemma. Do we, or do we not cook them? After very little deliberation we held a moments silence before throwing them into the pot, along with the wine, butter, garlic and onion. Four minutes later, dinner was ready!

All this happened yesterday, and I was tempted to write this up there and then, but I wanted to make sure we hadn't poisoned ourselves before telling the world about our culinary success.




Look at those mussels!


If you are tempted to try cooking them from scratch, all you need to do is follow this link and get cooking! http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/moulesmarinierewithc_71787 

"What a ghastly way to go, steamed alive in cheap white wine" Paul Round-last night

PER


No comments:

Post a Comment